Thursday, November 28, 2019

New Book "The Truth About my Education" Illustrated by Cali Parrish



MY FIRST BOOK!!!!!






My New Book
I published my first book. The illustrator is Cali Parrish and I love the work that we did together. 
The book is about an elder taking his grand-nephew fishing. During the fishing trip, the little boy complains about school and it leads the topic into the Indian residential school experience that the great uncle had. Although the story is a combination of experiences that children from the eeyou istchee faced, it is not one specific person's experience. My book's purpose is to get eenouj talking about the past with younger children. It is important for children to understand the past so that they can develop a deeper understanding of how things got to how they are today. Children who are raised in the communities know only what they see and not how it all began. Trauma is a destroyer that latches on to souls for generations. In order for our people to understand and then overcome the vicious cycle, they need to know where it all began. 




No comments:

Post a Comment